Creating invoice templates
In Xero you can customise the look of your invoices by using an invoice template. This allows you to add different payment terms and logos, as there is no limit on the amount of invoice templates you can add you can have as many as required for all different customers.
Below are the steps to how you would create an invoice template in Xero:
- Click on you organisation name and select settings, then go to invoice settings
- Click on” New Brading Theme”
- Enter a name to identify the theme and details of what it’ll include
- Make all the necessary changes and customisation for the invoice’s appearance. You can add in your contact details and terms of sale
- Press Save
Once you have made your first template you can then copy this under the options button when looking at the template. This is a helpful feature as you may have different contact details for different office/ warehouse locations.
Xero have two invoicing options which you can use, New Invoicing and Classic Invoicing.
New invoicing is a simpler and faster way which is recommended by xero. You can add customer credit limits and different delivery addresses which you can not do with the Classic Invoicing option.
Adding and approving your bills
Within Xero you can add and approve bills online or by mobile which is handy if you are on the go.
You can enter bills in your default currency or multicurrency which you can then approve into the system to add a credit note or payment.
To create a Bill, follow the steps below:
- Go to the business tab on the top blue-ribbon bar and click “purchase overview”
- Click the arrow next to “New” to give you a drop-down menu and click “Bill”
- Enter all your information into the field
- Click save.
You can add a copy of the original bill to the file. Assign expenses to a customer, assign expenses to a project, and add notes about the bill.
If any of the above are services you would like to know more about please contact me for the full list of features and guidance.