Construction is a sector with unique accountancy and tax requirements. Our current clients range from large business contractors to sub-contractors, tradesmen, and professional developers, as well as those building up a buy-to-let property portfolio.
As specialist construction accountants we offer support with:
- Start up assistance.
- Preparing your annual accounts, including ensuring best use of retentions accounting (within the parameters acceptable to HMRC)
- Submitting your annual business tax returns to HMRC, ensuring in accordance with HMRC’s trade specific rules.
- Submitting your personal self-assessment tax return to HMRC.
- CIS administration.
- Preparing and advising on regular management accounts, often based on your VAT Return period
- Tax planning, including property transactions, company vehicles, etc.
- VAT issues (including use of Applications) and options to tax on property.
- Financing decisions, for purchasing vehicles, plant or property.
- Protecting assets and wealth away from the risk associated with the trading business, often by creating a parent company and simple group structure.
- Optimising your business credit rating.
- Helping you create your own portfolio of investment properties, as your quasi-pension pot.
- Trade sale exit planning, to enable you to retire early.
Our Construction Group meet regularly, with representatives from across the firm discussing current affairs impacting the sector as well as ensuring the team are up to date with recent legislative changes.
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist construction accountants.
Related ServicesCIS Capital Gains Tax Property Investments Business Turnaround Tax Planning Finance Raising
When advised that we had found a further opportunity to reclaim CIS tax through his P35 return, the director of a builder client commented "It's great to know I made the right choice in choosing your company to take care of my accounts."