We understand that losing a loved one can be a very challenging time. It can often be a daunting process applying for probate and administering the estate.
We can offer advice and support, covering the legal, tax and administrative processes involved.
The probate services we are typically asked to offer support with include:
- Advising the personal representatives on the action required.
- Interpretation of the Will and identifying the beneficiaries.
- Ascertaining the assets and liabilities as at the date of death.
- Valuation of business and shares.
- Advising on the inheritance tax liability and reliefs available.
- Application for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.
- Call in assets and settle liabilities.
- Calculation of the income tax and capital gains tax liabilities of the estate.
- Distribution to beneficiaries.
- Preparation of estate accounts.
- Advising upon whether a deed of variation would be best advice tax wise.
- One of our partners, named in a personal capacity, can act as an Executor within your Will.
Our probate department is based at our Bury St Edmunds Office. Our probate specialists Andrew Winearls, Paul Jefferson and Nick Edgley can be contacted on 01284 752313. All 3 are probate qualified and are authorised to provide probate services by ICAEW.
Why choose us?
- We have been acting for you, quite often, for many years, so we already fully understand your financial and family circumstances.
- We are usually seen as your most trusted adviser.
- The legal, tax and administrative processes involved in dealing with an estate can be complex. This can add additional strain during an already stressful time. We can expert offer advice and guidance each step of the way.
- A cost-effective service.
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist advisers about our probate and estate administration services.
Whitings LLP is licensed to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England & Wales by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales under the registration number C005774536. The Probate register and can be accessed at www.icaew.com/probate. The Probate regulations can be accessed at www.icaew.com/regulation/probate-services. We are required to collect, report and publish diversity data about our: Whitings LLP Staff Diversity Questionnaire For information about our charging rates, professional indemnity insurance arrangements, our internal complaints procedure and how to contact the Legal Ombudsman please refer to our terms of business which you can find here www.whitingsllp.co.uk/about-us/fees/
I have always found Whitings helpful, reliable and always willing to discuss problems and advise on the best procedure.