Many challenges face the road haulage sector, with increasing competition from Europe, pressures from fluctuating fuel prices and labour shortages.
We have developed a wealth of accounting/tax experience and insights into acting for road haulage clients, who typically require a mix of our services such as:
- Preparing your annual statutory accounts and submitting a minimum disclosure filleted set onto the public record at Companies House.
- Raising finance to fund vehicle purchases, including optimising your business credit rating,
- Submitting your annual business tax returns (CT600 company tax return) to HMRC, including, where relevant, maximising claims for.
- Travel & subsistence allowances.
- Capital allowances.
- Completion and submission to HMRC of the directors personal self-assessment tax returns.
- Before submitting these tax returns to HMRC, taking out tax investigation insurance to mitigate the potential extra professional fees that would arise if HMRC open a tax enquiry into one of your tax returns. Key risk areas for such an enquiry in this sector:
- Tax relief on travel & subsistence expenses,
- VAT returns,
- VAT recovery advice.
- Optimum timing of vehicle purchases, to maximise AIA capital allowance claims and other related tax planning considerations.
- Bench-marking your turnover growth.
- Protecting valuable assets from the risk of the business going bust.
- Cash-flow management and business turnaround advice.
- Valuing your business.
- Business exit planning, to enable you to consider retiring early.
Our Tax Group “A Brief Guide to…” publications:
- Annual Investment Allowance | Inheritance Tax | Individual Savings Accounts | Making Tax Digital | Off-payroll Working | Pension Death Benefits | Personal Tax Account | Tax Year End Planning
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist road haulage accountants, to see how we can add value to your business.
We offer a free initial consultation to potential new clients.
Knowles Transport would like to commend all the fantastic companies that it works with on a daily basis for all of their support and help, that enables it to deliver its complex range of services. Alex would like to give special thanks to Whitings, who is Knowles' longest standing service providers, having worked with Knowles for the last 60 years. Their accountancy service and advice have kept Knowles in good stead for a long period and allowed us to continue to reinvest and grow our business on sound accountancy advice. Long may our relationship reign.