Audit is more than just compliance – we work with you to identify system weaknesses, suggest efficiency improvements and opportunities to add value to your organisation. Our approach focuses on the financial, regulatory and operational risks of the industry-sector your business operates in.
We offer clients a strong working relationship, through dedicated partner-led teams who often return year after year and build an in-depth understanding of your business (or not for profit organisation). We provide statutory and non-statutory audit services, on accounts and grant certificates, to a wide variety of clients.
Our audit approach and process
- Discuss with you requirements for a statutory or a voluntary audit and examine any opportunities to claim audit exemption.
- Understand your organisation
- Assess risks
- Analyse and plan for areas of specific investigation
- Schedule appropriate testing (mostly at your premises)
- Conclude with a close-down meeting to discuss the accounts and the audit testing results
- Report our recommendations to your management and board
Why choose us?
- Dedicated partner-led team
- High level of staff retention, enabling us to staff audits with the same individuals year on year
- Knowledge of key legislative challenges and regulatory updates within your industry
- Provide a full report with practical recommendations for future improvements
- Experienced in a range of business sectors
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist advisers about our audit and assurance services.
Registered to carry on audit work in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Details about our audit registration can be viewed at Office List (auditregister.org.uk). C009098434.
For the past 3 years we have has our accounts independently examined, and recently audited, by Whitings. We have found them to be thoroughly professional in all the financial matters associated with our charity. Their understanding of both company and charity regulations is beyond any form of reproach. The report to out Board of Directors is always very clear and the understanding of getting reports to the Charity Commissioners and Companies House is always first class. We would not dream of looking elsewhere for our accounts to be audited. They are part of a winning team, for which our Board of Directors are very grateful.