Value added tax is arguably the most illogical and complicated of all the taxes. In addition, it is ‘policed’ the most robustly by HMRC when you get it wrong. Because of this, and because of the tax planning opportunities which exist for this tax, we have established a specialist team to advise on all VAT matters.
Depending on your particular circumstances, the Value Added Tax areas where you may require assistance include:
- VAT Registration, or structuring your business to avoid VAT registration.
- VAT disclosures for business stationery,
- Providing book-keeping services, from which we complete and submit VAT Returns and prepare Management Accounts,
- Performing a tax healthcheck prior to a VAT Control Visit and assisting you during this examination,
- VAT planning advice in relation to a particular transaction or actioning legitimate ways to defer payment to HMRC.
- VAT De-registration.
- Reviewing whether you should be on the Flat rate VAT or other VAT scheme.
Calculating and disclosing your VAT liability to HMRC is principally achieved by completing and submitting a normal monthly, quarterly or annual VAT return. Clients who are fearful that this calculation may be investigated by Customs may wish to consider taking out our tax investigation insurance.
Seek our advice in structuring your financial affairs and calculating your net VAT position and rest assured that you will not be paying any more VAT than you absolutely have to. In addition, we shall complete all of the necessary paperwork for you and communicate with Customs, on your behalf.