Launching start ups is usually a step into the unknown. You might have a great business idea but you are just not sure how to go about the nuts and bolts of setting up and running the business: we can help.
We can offer advice and support to give your SME business the best chance of becoming successful.
We can guide and support you throughout the start ups process:
- Business plan preparation (where that level of formality is required).
- Cashflow projections,
- Best advice on trading structure, based on risk (re wealth protection), anticipated profit level and other commercial influences.
- If you decide to trade as a company, bespoke company formation (including, where appropriate, groups and alphabet shares).
- Sourcing funding and grants.
- Tax registrations with HMRC and tax planning.
- Provision of outsourced book-keeping, VAT and payroll services.
- Completion and submission to HMRC of business tax returns,
- Completion and submission to HMRC of the personal self-assessment tax returns.
- Before submitting these tax returns to HMRC, taking out tax investigation insurance to mitigate the potential extra professional fees that would arise if HMRC open a tax enquiry into one of your tax returns.
Why choose us?
- Specialist start ups expertise.
- Local office locations throughout East Anglia, plus modern remote working tools.
- Pro-active value creating advice, as well as annual compliance/submissions service.
- Provision of outsourced back office finance services if you are initially too small to employ a book keeper/accountant in house.
- We are a large enough practice with the expertise to also look after your (evolving) needs as the business grows.
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist start ups accountants, to see how we can add value to your business.
We offer a free initial consultation to potential new clients.
Managing Director of an Engineering Consultancy
As an engineering manager, I started my own consultancy business ten years ago, with my wife as co-director. Whitings guided us in setting up the day to day accounting systems, which even the smallest company has to have, and have since looked after the annual accounts and tax matters. This, combined with the help that they have given with our personal tax affairs, has allowed us to concentrate on the marketing and technical sides of our business, and undoubtedly saved us money. We find them professional, practical and accessible.