Value added tax is arguably the most illogical and complicated of all the taxes. In addition, it is ‘policed’ the most robustly by HMRC when you get it wrong. Because of this, and because of the tax planning opportunities which exist for this tax, we have established a specialist team to advise on all VAT matters.
Depending on your particular circumstances, the value added tax areas where you may require assistance include:
- VAT Registration, or structuring your business to avoid VAT registration.
- VAT disclosures for business stationery,
- Providing book-keeping services, from which we prepare quarterly VAT Returns and Management Accounts,
- Performing a tax health-check prior to a VAT Control Visit and assisting you during this examination,
- VAT planning advice in relation to a particular transaction or generally.
- VAT De-registration.
- Reviewing whether you should be on the flat rate VAT or other VAT scheme.
Calculating and disclosing your VAT liability to HMRC is principally achieved by completing and submitting a normal monthly, quarterly or annual VAT return. Clients who are fearful that this calculation may be investigated by Customs may wish to consider taking out our tax investigation insurance.
Seek our advice in structuring your financial affairs and calculating your net VAT position and rest assured that you will not be paying any more VAT than you absolutely have to. In addition, we shall complete all of the necessary paperwork for you and communicate with Customs, on your behalf.
Managing Director of and Educational Video Production Company
Whiting & Partners were absolutely marvellous when I set up my new business. Everything was done for me, leaving me only to sign at the ‘Xs’. I was very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the whole process and, whats more, the fees were very reasonable. No wonder I went back to get the VAT and tax sorted out. Problems with the VAT and tax, what problems? Whiting & Partners have taken care of all those.