We offer high quality compliance and tax planning services to private clients.
As well as completing and submitting self assessment tax returns, our private client tax team is proactive in seeking ways to mitigate exposure to all of the relevant taxes (income tax, NIC, capital gains tax and inheritance tax) and careful not to save one tax at the expense of another. Our client base ranges from high net worth individuals, with numerous investments and income sources, non-UK domiciles, overseas residents, employees and directors with share scheme packages, those with significant property portfolios to those who have a number of pensions and/or bank accounts.
Specific private client tax areas which we are asked to advise on include:
- Income and capital gains tax on buy-to-let residential properties.
- Disclosure and taxation of benefits in kind.
- Taxation of trusts.
- Exercising and taxation of share options.
- Income tax on pension and investment income.
- Share pooling rules for sales of quoted shares.
- Claiming maximum tax relief for contributions into pensions.
- Minimising exposure to inheritance tax.
- Minimising tax on development land sales.
- Dealing with HMRC tax enquiries.
- Minimising tax on a business sale.
Our private client team operates alongside other departments within the practice. If you have a business but also require specialist personal taxation advice, we can accommodate your needs.
Why choose us?
- Highly experienced qualified team of chartered tax advisers
- Proactive tax planning advice offered alongside self-assessment compliance services
- Locally based offices and modern communication tools, to also act remotely
- Provincial fee charging structure
Our Tax Group Commentary on Private Client Tax Aspects of:
2021: Spring Budget
2020: Autumn Budget
2019: Autumn Budget
2018: Autumn Budget
2011: Autumn Statement
Our Tax Group “A Brief Guide to…” Publications:
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Buy To Let Properties: Tax Implications
- Capital Gains Tax on UK Residential Property owned by Non-Residents
- Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) Relief
- Furnished Holiday Lets
- Inheritance Tax
- Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Tax For Non-Resident Landlords
- The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
- Forthcoming Tax Changes for Residential Landlords
- Pensions Guidance
- Gift Loans
- Discounted Gift Trusts
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist advisers about our Private Client Tax services.
Related ServicesTax Planning Tax Investigation Insurance Trusts Benefits in Kind Making Tax Digital Self-Assessment
I have always found Whitings helpful, reliable and always willing to discuss problems and advise on the best procedure.