We offer high quality tax compliance and tax planning services to private clients.
As well as completing and submitting annual self assessment tax returns to HMRC, our private client tax team is proactive in seeking ways to mitigate exposure to all of the relevant personal taxes (income tax, NIC, capital gains tax and inheritance tax). Our client base ranges from high net worth individuals, with numerous investments and income sources, non-UK domiciles, overseas residents, employees and directors with share scheme packages, those with significant property portfolios to those who have a number of pensions and/or bank accounts.
Specific private client tax areas which we are asked to advise on include:
- Income and capital gains tax (including 60 day returns) on buy-to-let residential properties.
- Disclosure and taxation of benefits in kind.
- Taxation of trusts.
- Exercising and taxation of share options.
- Minimising tax through investments into EIS, SEIS and VCT’s.
- Income tax on pension and investment income.
- Share pooling rules for sales of quoted shares.
- Claiming maximum tax relief for contributions into pensions.
- Calculating then minimising exposure to inheritance tax.
- Minimising tax on development land sales.
- Dealing with HMRC tax enquiries.
- Minimising tax on a business sale.
Our private client team operates alongside other departments within the practice. If you have a business but also require specialist personal taxation advice, we can accommodate your needs.
Why choose us?
- Highly experienced and qualified team of chartered tax advisers
- Proactive tax planning advice offered alongside self-assessment compliance services
- Locally based offices and modern communication tools, to also act remotely
- Provincial fee charging structure
- Tax returns can be underwritten against HMRC enquiry by taking out our in house tax investigation insurance.
- Expertise in HMRC tax enquiries, if any returns are challenged.
Our Tax Group commentary on private client tax aspects of:
- Spring Budget 2021 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012
- Summer Budget 2015
- Autumn Budget 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011
Our Tax Group “A Brief Guide to…” publications:
- Buy To Let Properties: Tax Implications | Capital Gains Tax on UK Residential Property owned by Non-Residents | EIS | Furnished Holiday Lets | Inheritance Tax | ISA’s | SDLT | Tax For Non-Resident Landlords | SEIS | Trusts | Forthcoming Tax Changes for Residential Landlords | Pensions Guidance | Gift Loans | Discounted Gift Trusts
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist tax advisers about our private client tax services.
I have always found Whitings helpful, reliable and always willing to discuss problems and advise on the best procedure.