Many challenges face the road haulage sector, with increasing competition from Europe, pressures from fluctuating fuel prices and labour shortages.
As specialist road haulage accountants, we work with a range of businesses and we are members of the Road Haulage Association, providing our team with both the expertise and knowledge of the latest developments within the industry.
Using this industry knowledge, we provide an array of advisory and compliance services to help clients to improve operational efficiencies and structures, maximise profits and generate shareholder value.
As specialist road haulage accountants, we offer business support and advice with aspects including:
- Preparing your annual accounts and submitting a minimum disclosure filleted set onto the public record at Companies House.
- Submitting your annual business tax returns to HMRC, including, where relevant, maximising claims for.
- Travel & subsistence.
- Capital allowance.
- Raising finance to fund vehicle purchases.
- Representing you if HMRC open a tax enquiring into one of your business taxes.
- Preparing regular management accounts, to monitor your financial performance.
- VAT advice.
- Tax planning.
- Protecting valuable assets from the risk of the business going bust.
- Outsourced payroll and bookkeeping services.
- Cash-flow management and business turnaround advice.
Meeting with one of our road haulage accountants for a free initial consultation should be your starting point. This will enable you to explain your circumstances to us and identify the areas in which you require assistance.
Knowles Transport would like to commend all the fantastic companies that it works with on a daily basis for all of their support and help, that enables it to deliver its complex range of services. Alex would like to give special thanks to Whitings, who is Knowles' longest standing service providers, having worked with Knowles for the last 60 years. Their accountancy service and advice have kept Knowles in good stead for a long period and allowed us to continue to reinvest and grow our business on sound accountancy advice. Long may our relationship reign.