Under corporation tax self assessment (CTSA) companies need to fully understand the tax administration and payment obligations placed on them.
In relation to corporation tax, our advisers can assist you with:
- Record keeping requirements.
- Calculation of the corporation tax liability.
- Understanding and submitting all relevant claims, deductions, exemptions and reliefs.
- Minimising the overall liability.
- Completion of company tax return (form CT600) and, where relevant, supplementary returns.
- Electronic submission to HMRC of the iXBRL compliant form CT600 (and associated accounts and computation).
- Tax payment deadlines.
- Form CT600 HMRC submission deadlines.
- CTSA full and aspect tax enquiry parameters.
- Dealing with a tax enquiry if it arises.
- The interest and penalty system, and appealing where appropriate.
Agreeing your corporation tax liability with HMRC is principally achieved by completing a company tax return. Clients who are fearful that this calculation may be investigated by HMRC, and/or those that are risk averse, may wish to consider taking out our tax investigation insurance.
Understanding this complicated tax system and paying the correct (minimum) amount of tax, at the correct time, ‘returned’ through the correct mechanism and in a way to minimise the risk of HMRC enquiry, is what most clients seek. Speak to our tax technicians and put your mind at ease.