What does today mean for small businesses, some of the highlights:
- National insurance threshold increased to £9,516
- Corporation tax stays at 19%
- Increase in the recently introduced Structural Buildings allowance to 3% per year
- Increase in the employer’s national insurance allowance from £3k to £4k per year (although the criteria to claim this, changes from 1 April)
- Entrepreneurs life time allowance to drop to £1m
And for some other highlights an increase in money to fill potholes and a freeze in alcohol and fuel duty!
Our usual full budget update will be released soon.