If, due to Coronavirus, your business deferred VAT payments due between 20 March and 30 June 2020 and you still have payments to make, you can:
- pay the deferred VAT in full, on or before 31 March 2021,
- join the VAT deferral new payment scheme – the online service is open between 23 February and 21 June 2021, or
- contact HMRC on Telephone: 0800 024 1222 by 30 June if you need extra help to pay.
Please note that you may be charged interest or a penalty if you do not:
- pay the deferred VAT in full by 31 March 2021,
- opt into the new payment scheme by 21 June 2021, or
- agree extra help to pay with HMRC by 30 June 2021.
At Whiting & Partners we are doing everything we can to help ease the burden you and your business are under during these worrying and uncertain times. If you would like to speak to someone about VAT please reach out to your usual Whiting & Partners contact.