2019 marks the 21st Anniversary of National Payroll Week which is from 2 to 6 September 2019.
National Payroll Week recognises and celebrates the importance of payroll in business and the UK economy. Not many people may know that there are 1.3 million employers in the UK and that Payroll is the largest expenditure in most UK organisations. Also:
- 2019 marks the 75th Anniversary of the introduction of PAYE in the UK
- there are at least 174 pieces of regulation affecting payroll in the UK, even more if you include all the statutory requirements
- at least one piece of Payroll legislation still in effect dates back more than 150 years
- it is expected that employers will collect more than £301 billion through PAYE and National Insurance Contributions in 2019/2020
- despite innovative working practices expected in the future, more than 96% of UK employees are still paid monthly
Here at Whiting & Partners we have a dedicated payroll team to help businesses outsource their payroll function.