We have acted as property accountants for many property related clients for many years and we are here to advise during the highs and lows of the property market.
Our specialist property accountants have in-depth knowledge of the property industry. So we can help your property investment thrive through our compliance and advisory services which include, but are not limited to –
- Capital gains tax computations (including under the 30 day rules for residential property sales).
- Preparation of annual rental accounts.
- Following HMRC rules for non-resident landlords.
- Stamp duty land tax advice (maximising claims for exemptions and reliefs) .
- Completing and submitting self-build DIY VAT reclaims.
- Complying with ATED return submission requirements.
- Establishing a making tax digital compliant book keeping system.
- Completing and submitting partially exempt VAT returns to HMRC.
- Structuring property ownership to minimise inheritance tax.
- Protecting business premises from the the risk of the trade getting into financial difficulties.
- Personal v corporate property ownership advice.
- Owning commercial premises within a SASS or SIP pension scheme.
- VAT option to tax issues.
Our Property Investors Group meet regularly throughout the year, with representatives from across the firm discussing current affairs impacting the sector as well as ensuring our team of property accountants are up to date with recent legislative changes. The group has also developed a number of ‘brief guides’ which are updated on a regular basis and are available to download –
- Capital Gains Tax on UK Residential Property owned by Non-Residents
- Tax For Non-Resident Landlords
- Buy To Let Property – Tax Implications
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
Related ServicesPension Schemes Wealth Management Tax Planning Capital Gains Tax Making Tax Digital Trusts Finance Raising
I have always found Whitings helpful, reliable, always willing to discuss problems and advise on the best procedure.