The UK is the 11th largest manufacturer globally and there has been vibrant growth within this sector in recent years, with a strong focus on innovation.
The uncertainty facing this sector remains high and this, paired with the rise in production costs and workforce recruitment and retention issues, means it is essential to have a team of specialist manufacturing accountants to assist you in running and developing your business.
As experts in the manufacturing industry we offer support with aspects including:
- Preparing your annual accounts and submitting a minimum disclosure filleted set onto the public record at Companies House.
- Submitting your annual business tax returns to HMRC, including, where relevant, maximising claims for.
- Research & development tax relief.
- The patent box initiative.
- Capital allowance claims.
- Ensuring you are eligible for Enterprise Investment Schemes, to attract outside equity investors.
- Assisting you achieve acquisitive growth through a business acquisition.
- Optimising your business credit rating.
- Tying in and incentivising your key managers through issuing EMI share options and/or growth shares.
- Business turnaround advice.
- Advising you in relation to sourcing grants and debt finance.
- Succession planning or other routes to exiting your business
Our Manufacturing Group meet on a regular basis throughout the year, with representatives from across the firm discussing current matters impacting the sector as well as ensuring advisers are up to date with recent legislative changes and best practice.
Get in touch with your local office and speak to one of our specialist manufacturing accountants, to see how we can add value.
Related ServicesManagement Accounting Audit Business Tax Tax Planning Asset Protection Finance Raising
Whitings guided us in setting up the day to day accounting systems and have since looked after the annual accounts and tax matters.