Although we cannot actually hold office as your Company Secretary, if still required by your constitution, we can advise you of all of the company secretarial duties required of you under company law and assist you in performing these duties.
We offer the complete package of services to private limited companies, which will typically include the following individual services:
- Company formation.
- Advising you on the appropriate legal procedures to change the officers of the company, change shareholdings, amend the accounting reference date, declare a dividend, etc.
- Advising you of directors’ responsibilities.
- Maintaining your statutory Registers.
- Maintaining your statutory Minutes.
- Attend Board and General Meetings to advise you on procedure and to take minutes.
- Acting as the company’s Registered Office.
- Filing all necessary accounts, forms, returns and resolutions on the public record at Company’s House.
- Following correct company secretarial procedure (eg minuting decisions) to assist with tax planning.
- Dissolving the company.
At present there are considerable tax benefits arising from trading as a limited company and most clients require assistance with the extra company law requirements of being in business as a limited company. Making sure that all company secretarial duties are performed correctly will help with Companies House and HMRC compliance and it will ensure a smooth financial due diligence process if you sell your business.
In the years that you and your colleagues have acted as my accountants, a professional service has developed into a valued friendship and source of financial advice and guidance. I have also particularly valued the informal business networking service that you have provided by putting me in touch with other businesses where you have thought mutual interests could benefit. In both service and professional terms, this has really been the extra mile.