We provide computerised book-keeping services to all sizes of business. This service can be provided at client premises or fully outsourced from our own offices. If you are using a web-hosted (Cloud Accounting) book-keeping system, we can provide a remote service which is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
If your book-keeping is already computerised, our knowledge of Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and other SME accounting software packages allows us to provide this service using your existing software.
The precise book-keeping services provided will depend upon your specific requirements, but will typically include:
- Helping you select the most appropriate software for your business,
- Maintaining accurate and complete nominal, sales and purchase ledgers (using the latest scanning apps and electronic feeds to input data time efficiently),
- Reconciling your bank accounts,
- Preparing and e-submitting VAT returns to HMRC,
- Providing you with the reports that you require to run the business, which will typically include aged debtors listings, Aged creditors listings and Management Accounts,
- As well as ongoing book-keeping services, we can also provide short term assistance, either to cover absences in your own staffing, or whilst the business is too small to justify employing full time accounts staff.
- Advising on record retention periods.
Book-keeping is time consuming and parts of it can be technically difficult on some computerised systems. In addition, there is often not enough volume to justify a full time in-house employee. Outsourcing this service to us means that you can allocate your time to parts of your business where you can add more value. This form of outsourcing should also introduce efficiencies which should keep accountancy fees down for our year end statutory accounts preparation work.
Whitings have looked after our shop business for many years, helping with payroll, VAT and general taxes. They always have an eye on improving the business for the future.