The administration and accounting requirements of clubs is unique. Such organisations often struggle to survive financially, traditionally have a high turnover of committee members and often have weak or non existent financial controls over cash.
We have established a specialist team of club accountants, who currently act for organisations in various sectors:
- Local sports clubs,
- Ex-servicemen associations,
These clubs can be structured as Industrial and Provident Society companies, as CIC’s or simply by unregistered Trust Deed (ie as an unincorporated association). We find that the services that these clubs are most interested in are:
- Preparation of annual accounts,
- Different levels of assurance on these accounts:
- Accountants Report,
- Independent Examination,
- Corporation tax compliance, which sometimes involves claiming and preserving the tax beneficial mutual status,
- Where eligible, registration with HMRC as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC), to take advantage of various corporation tax benefits and exemptions from business rates,
- Attending your AGM to present the accounts,
- Advising in relation to financial controls.
Appoint us as your club accountants and we shall unburden you of the worry of correctly complying with your constitution. We shall also ensure that these accounts are prepared in sufficient time to be filed with the relevant Authorities by the statutory filing deadlines and in advance of your AGM. When preparing these accounts, we shall be mindful of your beneficial tax status and we shall actively seek proven techniques to improve your finances.